View Single Post

Old 10-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Centurion

Default Published vb 2010 app wont install on other computers.

Hi, ive just spent the last week developing an application on VB 2010 and i cant get it to install on other computers.

I have tested installing it on 3 computers at my home (with them all disconnected from the network) and it seems to install without any problems. I got someone who lives close to me to try it and it works fine and we both live in the UK.

But when i got someone in America to try to install it the installer throws an error. This person tried it on 2 computers that were connected to the internet and it failed on both.

I dont think its an error with prerequisites like dot net 4. Because i have checked to download them in the publish properties. Also the first computer he ran it on had all right dot nets and the second one did not and when it was ran it downloaded them as it should before it threw the error. But both time its thrown the same error.

It gives a detailed log about the error and it seems that when it tries to install the program it tries to install some of the parts from the internet. Well to be precise my computer here at home called "Office". It comes up with the error :

"Application download did not succeed"

Here is some of the error log

Code:
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
	Windows 			: 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
	Common Language Runtime 	: 4.0.30319.269
	System.Deployment.dll 		: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
	clr.dll 			: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
	dfdll.dll 			: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
	dfshim.dll 			: 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
	Deployment url			: file:///C:/Users/admin/Desktop/Test/Calculator.application
	Deployment Provider url		: http://office/Calculator5/Calculator.application

ERROR SUMMARY
	Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
	* Activation of C:\Users\admin\Desktop\Test\Calculator.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
		+ Downloading http://office/Calculator5/Calculator.application did not succeed.
		+ The remote name could not be resolved: 'office'

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
	No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
	There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
	* [10/9/2012 2:38:38 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\admin\Desktop\Test\Calculator.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
	Following errors were detected during this operation.
	* [10/9/2012 2:38:42 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
		- Downloading http://office/Calculator5/Calculator.application did not succeed.
		- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
			at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
			at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
			at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
			at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
			at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifest(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ManifestType manifestType, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
			at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirect(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
			at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.FollowDeploymentProviderUri(SubscriptionStore subStore, AssemblyManifest& deployment, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
			at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
		--- Inner Exception ---
		System.Net.WebException
		- The remote name could not be resolved: 'office'
		- Source: System
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
			at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
	No transaction information is available.
As you can see its trying to download some of the files from my computer (office) rather than getting them from the "Application Files" folder that get created when i publish the program. But why only on my friends two computers in the US?