View Single Post

Old 10-21-2013, 06:29 AM
Junior Contributor

Hi flower,

Do you have any code whatsoever? Have you thought about how the program will work and it's layout?

Looking at it, my first question would be do you choose one game from tatts.com for the project, or should your program allow the user to choose from all available games?

You must then create random numbers based on the games criteria. Once these numbers are created, you must allow the user to enter the last draw numbers from the website and check if there are any winners.

If there are winners, you must provide feedback notifying the user of their winnings.

This is a simple random number generator, with functionality built in to check numbers and save the information as well.

I would tackle each step 1 at a time. Identify what game(s) must be included, and their rules. Create a random number function based on those rules. Then create a function to check the ticket for winning numbers and potential earnings. Once all this is in place, you can build the functionality around saving the data.

Once all this is in place, you can then go about building your test data i.e. you want to run the number generator x amount of times. With each result, you must manually calculate any winnings and then see if the program matches your calculations.

As always, we're happy to help here but without any code to work on, we cannot help. If you are unsure how to start, perhaps you should discuss this with your tutor who should point you in the right direction. Then, when you have some code and if it does not work, post back and we'll be more than happy to help