View Single Post

Old 09-30-2002, 10:48 AM
Centurion

Default Winsock Nightmare : 10053 Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure

Hi Guys,

Im having a bit of a winsock nightmare,

The purpose of my application is to poll a database for TCP requests then send the information to another computer,the data transfer works 2 way so i am using the same application on both compuers.

Im dont think i know enough about the winsock as i would like to, but to be honest i have been through many pages and sites on the web and found this one the most informative.

OKAY Heres the question:

i have added an option in the winsock_error event that outputs the details of the error to screen and whenever i have multiple connections at the same time, i get the following error
"10053 Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure" also when i get this error it seems to make my application think that the winsock object(which i create at runtime in an array to allow multiple connections) has unloaded as the winsock.count method reports the wrong amount of loaded objects.

To be honest though this is more of a bug than a problem as my program works exectly how i want it but the winsock keeps returning that error. which i want to solve before i move on in developing the program anymore.

I have looked all over the MSDN and TECHNET pages and even scanned this forum and i seem to have exhausted all possible locations for information on the VB Winsock control.

Any help would be Appreciated,

Many Thanks

Ian,