Bill Gates as PacMan and Sprite Animation Tutorial

JDYoder
09-06-2001, 12:00 PM
Hey everyone. I've just posted my latest project called Pac-MANager (which moves Bill Gate around as Pac-Man as he tries to "eat up" the competition) on PSC, which includes a lot of stuff that different people on this forum helped me with -- thanks all!

But since I wanted to give back and help others, I also include a Graphical Tutorial on Sprite Animation with it. So if there's anyone out there who could benefit from that, you might want to check it out at...

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=27027&blnEditFeedback=TRUE&lngWId=1

And if you're a PSC member, I'd appreciate a vote! Thanks again everyone for helping to make it possible with your responses to my posts. And let me know what you think!

hashir56
09-10-2001, 12:32 PM
it says you need to loging to look at your tutoral

JDYoder
09-10-2001, 01:22 PM
Sorry about that -- I guess I didn't realize you needed a PSC account, but I'd recommend signing up for one as it's completely free.

However, in case you don't want to do that, I've attached it here -- let me know what you think.

And anyone please feel free to give me a vote on my PSC entry! I'm only two votes from having it make first place for the month! (At this point anyway.) And while I never dreamed I'd even get close to that, now that it is, I really want it!! :)

JDYoder
09-10-2001, 01:32 PM
I guess the zip file is too big for an attachment here. So I emailed it to you, hashnir, but don't worry as it's not that big -- only 130K. And I can email it to anyone else if you don't have a PSC account and would be interested.

BillSoo
09-10-2001, 01:32 PM
Your attachment failed....probably because it is > 50 K in size...

Incidentally, this thread seems (to me) to be close to the edge of spamming, but it does seem to serve a useful purpose so I've let it go... this is not directed at you (JDYoder) but to potential imitators....

"I have a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel!" - Edmund Blackadder

JDYoder
09-10-2001, 01:35 PM
BillSoo -- I always thought of spamming as sending out hundreds of junk emails to people you don't know. But it is also considered spamming to "advertise" my own work here?

Very sorry about that as I did not realize that. I'll not do so again with any of my other future projects.

BillSoo
09-10-2001, 02:12 PM
As I said, I don't consider you a problem, especially given your record of posting...

What we (or I) consider spamming is posts that gratuitously promote a specific website or product. Especially if you happen to work for that website or product.

In contrast, there is a post in Random thoughts (by Yoda I think) which asks people to list favorite tools. In this case, no specific site is promoted.

In other cases, people ask for help and we refer them to various websites and products. In that case, we are responding to a particular problem so the post isn't gratuitous.

Admittedly, it's a judgement call, which is why I call it a "guideline" rather than a "rule".

In your case, I judge that it's OK, but as I said, it's borderline.

"I have a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel!" - Edmund Blackadder

Laurent
09-10-2001, 02:23 PM
if i can put my two cents in here

his post was to show us how he did is program, giving us the code part... so he doesn't have the intention of selling, promoting or anything is just to show us how good or usefull the code could be.

i know i've learned from this code and probably some other will also.

I'll be among the best soon, very soon!!!

BillSoo
09-10-2001, 03:13 PM
Yes I agree. HIS post was ok. As I say, I only mention it because I don't want to see similar posts which ARE spam...

andrewo
09-10-2001, 08:16 PM
can you email it to me?
at hills37@hotmail.com

~

JDYoder
09-10-2001, 08:37 PM
It's on it's way!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum