Error in date()

Banjo
10-09-2001, 06:55 AM
Just below the list of users, I am getting a black box. It contains black text as follows:
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Warning: unexpected error in date() in main.inc.php on line 611

<hr></blockquote>

Banjo
10-09-2001, 06:57 AM
Need to get an error message. See next post.

Banjo
10-09-2001, 06:59 AM
Also, on the screen with "Return to Forum" and "View Post", I got the following:
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Warning: file("http://www.visualbasicforum.com/bbs/filters/usertitles") - Bad file descriptor in d:/web/apache/htdocs/run/bbs/addpost.php on line 648

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in d:/web/apache/htdocs/run/bbs/addpost.php on line 649

<hr></blockquote>

Ad1
10-09-2001, 07:07 AM
I'm also getting this same error, only on the main index page

orufet
10-09-2001, 08:16 AM
This error occurs only when there is a sticky post created. It only happens in the PHP forum, the Perl is fine.

"I do not agree with a word you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire

Banjo
10-09-2001, 09:17 AM
Yeah, the second one I only got twice (just enough to report the bug) and then it stopped doing it.

Typcial images/icons/smile.gif.

Test
10-09-2001, 11:35 AM
I'm in the process of updating to a new version of the software. I haven't got time to add in any of the features I added to this version so if something is missing you all know why. I hope to have the upgrade done in a couple hours. I am not going to upgrade the perl version. I have to modify the database when I upgrade and some of the functions of the perl version might not work. I don't know how many people use the perl version so if you use it please switch over to php if any problems show up. If need be I will upgrade it.
The date bug is a pain to find. I know what is causing it but can't get it fixed. There is a bug in PHP itself that is causing the error. For some reason PHP doesn't like negative numbers when used in a loop. I don't know any other way to code the dateslip function without using a loop. I've tried many ways and all of them open new problems. I can omit parsing the date for our west coast users but then that's not fair to them. We all need to know the correct time.

Thinker
10-09-2001, 11:44 AM
How about posting the section of PHP code that is causing the problem?
Maybe one of us can come up with a work-around.

I think therefore I am... sometimes right. images/icons/wink.gif

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum