Link Data Controls and Records

Brook
12-17-2003, 03:22 PM
I am setting up a Program that is for a 'company' that deals in cars tyres. I have a database set up with a data control for cars. You scroll the records and they show the data in the text boxes. Lower down the form is a seperate frame to deal with fittings. Everytime the customer has tyres fitted the details are sotred in the fitting box in the format of a record with a new data control.

What i want to do is this:

Link the Car record at the top with its unique fittings record. When the Car record is seleted this will display the Fittings record below and allow to me to update the information. Every single car record will have its own fittings record. How could i do this? I imagine it could be done writing lots fo IF commands, but the end user would not be able to do this so how would i make so that it would link each record to each record without code for each record.

Thanks

Dennis DVR
12-17-2003, 07:32 PM
I am setting up a Program that is for a 'company' that deals in cars tyres. I have a database set up with a data control for cars. You scroll the records and they show the data in the text boxes. Lower down the form is a seperate frame to deal with fittings. Everytime the customer has tyres fitted the details are sotred in the fitting box in the format of a record with a new data control.

What i want to do is this:

Link the Car record at the top with its unique fittings record. When the Car record is seleted this will display the Fittings record below and allow to me to update the information. Every single car record will have its own fittings record. How could i do this? I imagine it could be done writing lots fo IF commands, but the end user would not be able to do this so how would i make so that it would link each record to each record without code for each record.

Thanks

to make this possible you will need a select statement on your second data control.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum