error: Unregconize database format after convert database

deell
12-17-2003, 08:37 PM
previously i design my database using Data Manager. after that i wish to set password to the database using Access 2000, but the 'Set Database Password' is disabled. So i convert the database to current database, then i can set the password.

BUT, i come back to my program, all Data Control cannot be refresh. an error says "Unregconize database format....". After sometime of exploring, i change the Connect property from Access to Access 2000, now it can run properly.

BUT, after i compile the program, make a setup package, and reinstall to other PCs, some PC can work but some PC give Error 3170 - Could not find installable ISAM.

anyone can advise?

how can i remain the Data Control's Connect property to Access, so that other PCs can work properly? is it i must convert the database using Access below 2000?

please advise. thank you.

bvmantos
12-17-2003, 08:53 PM
Data control? Are u using VB5 or 6? Use ADO Control here if its 6. Its much easier and have much more database drivers.

tom2knox
12-17-2003, 08:53 PM
Description:
Instructions for removing the "Couldn't find installable ISAM" error when exporting to your accounting package.

Some of the files did not get registered during the installation process. They need to be registered before you can export files.

try to register the dll that i attach...
previously i design my database using Data Manager. after that i wish to set password to the database using Access 2000, but the 'Set Database Password' is disabled. So i convert the database to current database, then i can set the password.

BUT, i come back to my program, all Data Control cannot be refresh. an error says "Unregconize database format....". After sometime of exploring, i change the Connect property from Access to Access 2000, now it can run properly.

BUT, after i compile the program, make a setup package, and reinstall to other PCs, some PC can work but some PC give Error 3170 - Could not find installable ISAM.

anyone can advise?

how can i remain the Data Control's Connect property to Access, so that other PCs can work properly? is it i must convert the database using Access below 2000?

please advise. thank you.

deell
12-21-2003, 10:29 PM
Description:
Instructions for removing the "Couldn't find installable ISAM" error when exporting to your accounting package.

Some of the files did not get registered during the installation process. They need to be registered before you can export files.

try to register the dll that i attach...

I will try it. thank u very much. :-D

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum