Linking Access Data to an external word Document

Longtunge
12-18-2003, 09:34 PM
I have a Access Data Base that tracks Patients each Patient has a word Document created for them that is a discharge summary. In my table I have a concatenation field that generates the file path to this document. My problem is I need to have a command button that opens word and the Document via this file path. I thing VB gives me the best option of this however I have not been able to get the Field (file Path called [Cas] to work. I have gotten word to open however the file path still reads as "[cas] not the product of the catenation. So anyone able to help ?

bvmantos
12-18-2003, 09:43 PM
I have a Access Data Base that tracks Patients each Patient has a word Document created for them that is a discharge summary. In my table I have a concatenation field that generates the file path to this document. My problem is I need to have a command button that opens word and the Document via this file path. I thing VB gives me the best option of this however I have not been able to get the Field (file Path called [Cas] to work. I have gotten word to open however the file path still reads as "[cas] not the product of the catenation. So anyone able to help ?Did u store the complete path in your table?

Longtunge
12-18-2003, 09:48 PM
I have a Access Data Base that tracks Patients each Patient has a word Document created for them that is a discharge summary. In my table I have a concatenation field that generates the file path to this document. My problem is I need to have a command button that opens word and the Document via this file path. I thing VB gives me the best option of this however I have not been able to get the Field (file Path called [Cas] to work. I have gotten word to open however the file path still reads as "[cas] not the product of the catenation. So anyone able to help ?Did u store the complete path in your table?
Yes the complete file path is in text formate in the field [Cas]

Longtunge
12-18-2003, 09:53 PM
Yes the complete file path is in text formate in the field [Cas]
I have used the File Path as a Hyperlink but the Document opens with IE and my users are not good without the Tool Bars and such

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum