MDAC 2.7 and SQL

Bart1123
12-19-2003, 09:05 AM
I have an app that was written to work with MSAccess2000. It was developed on a machine running the most current MDAC. It is installed on another machine (network server) and is also running SQL Server
(5 I think). The problem is that the server has MDAC 2.5 installed and is causing problems with the app running with access. I had planned to simply update the MDAC, but then found the BIG WARNING at the MS site regarding MDAC 2.6 and later and SQL.

The big issue they say is if SQL Server is running "clustered", I don't know what that means. This SQL DB contains very important data that cannot be corrupted.

My question:
Has anyone updated their MDAC to 2.7 while running SQL Server, and did they have any adverse effects?

Here is the MDAC WARNING from Microsoft (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820754&Product=mdac).

Thanks in advance

Bart

benitodelacruz
12-19-2003, 09:47 AM
Clustered SQL mean that there is more than one server that can be the host of the SQL server services.

To answer your question, yes I'm using MDAC 2.7 at the SQL server and I have no problems. You can have problems if there is a DTS package or jobs that point to one (DTS) (if you are using ADO for the connection), if you are using ODBC you are ok.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum