Exporting a report result to a decent Word doc

kidvegas19
12-19-2003, 12:52 PM
What does a person need to do to export a legible report result to a Word doc? I am trying to export an invoice to a .doc for emailing. Using the .rtf produces a result that is 'hinky' at best. Nothing like the displayed result or .snp.

Thanks in advance for your help.

MKoslof
12-19-2003, 01:33 PM
"I am trying to export an invoice to a .doc for emailing."

How are you creating the invoice? Are you using a reporting tool to create the invoice and now you want to export that to a Word Doc? Or, do you want to talk to your database directly, grab various fields, and write them out to a Word Document?

BASICALLY:

Does this invoice already exist and you want to export it to Word or do you want to build the Word Doc directly from your database

kidvegas19
12-19-2003, 01:39 PM
The invoice is created by a report, and I would like to export it to a Word .doc. I do not want to build the Word Doc directly from the database. I don't have the chops (I don't think) to do that quickly and easily.

Thanks for your reply!

MKoslof
12-19-2003, 01:48 PM
what reporting tool are you using? Is this report being populated from the database?

kidvegas19
12-19-2003, 03:53 PM
The reporting tool would be the standard issue Access Report. The name of the report is Invoice. It is populated with information from the database. I can preview the report and print it from that window. When exporting to a .rtf file, the formatting becomes messed up and the end result not only looks bad, but does not look much like the report preview.

what reporting tool are you using? Is this report being populated from the database?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum