Flash - unload movie

wild wolf
10-28-2001, 04:08 AM
how do we unload a movie once it has played, i have a way by putting the movie in a dif form anf then unload the form, but if the movie is in the same form as ur prog, how do we unload it? (if i dun unload the movie the game is very slow thought the movie visible is set to false)

10-28-2001, 11:28 AM
Try unloading the control that holds the movie.

(which control is it by the way??)

wild wolf
10-28-2001, 12:19 PM
what do u mean control? do u mean the shockwave flash plugin?

10-28-2001, 12:42 PM
How are you playing the movie? You draw something on the form and use that right?

Anything you draw onto the form is called a "control", becaues it allows the users to control your program.

If you use the
<pre><font color=red>Unload objName

</pre></font color=red>syntax, you can remove controls from the form at runtime, thus freeing up memory.

10-28-2001, 10:00 PM
Since you guys are busy discussing unloading, would you mind telling me how to have the splash screen disappear after, lets say 3 seconds. I have tried it out but something seems to be wrong. Can't figure it out.

10-28-2001, 10:17 PM
You should start your own thread for a completely unrelated topic. Just use a timer with an interval of 3000

wild wolf
10-28-2001, 10:21 PM
create a timer for it, set the timer interval to say 10000.. in the sub on fomr load set
timer.interval = 10000
timer.enabled = true

in the timer sub use while loop

while counter &lt; 100
counter = counter + 1
if counter = 100 then Unload form

remember to set the counter to 0.

please correct me if there is any error, or if there is any other way simpler than this, images/icons/smile.gif

wild wolf
10-29-2001, 07:36 AM
1 more thing,
i want to unload a form once the movie completes, how can we do that?

03-17-2015, 11:41 AM
im not replying the OP specifically, but to other people that want to know how to do it, since this thread is "VERY OLD".

anyway. to use the UNLOAD to stop/unload the movie could be useful if you don't need the control anymore, but what about you want to use it again?

its quite simple.

you load a flash using:
ShockwaveFlash1.Movie = filename
ShockwaveFlash1.LoadMovie 0, filename

to unload you simple write:
ShockwaveFlash1.Movie = " "
ShockwaveFlash1.LoadMovie 0, " "

the " " is just a space. you can't use vbNullString.

then you can ShockwaveFlash1.Visible = True / False to show and hide the control.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum