Dsound

wild wolf
10-30-2001, 08:59 PM
why is it that when i insert sound in my game, it slows down the game? is there a soultion for this or am i missing something?
i ahve another idea, i will run the sound in another form in the background, do u people think it will work better?

Teric
10-31-2001, 07:35 AM
When you say DSound, do you mean that you are actually using DirectSound to play the sounds?

Squirm
10-31-2001, 08:56 AM
It takes time to load sounds into the buffer. The best method is to load as many sounds as you can at the start of the application, perhaps into an array of buffers, then play them when required, instead of loading the sound and playing it EVERY time its needed, which wastes a lot of time, especially for large files.

wild wolf
10-31-2001, 10:00 AM
yeah iam using DirectSound.
yeah thats what iam doing exactly, buffering all the sounds in the begining and then playing them whenever i need them, the buffer seems to occupy alot of memory space, u see, if i disable the playsound bmusic, true, true then it will work perfect but when i enable it it will slow down the game

Squirm
10-31-2001, 01:06 PM
Well then maybe its got something to do with your flags. Make sure the sound mode is set to EXCLUSIVE not just PRIORITY

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum