01-08-2004, 01:37 AM
what is the delete statement using VB. i still new in VB

Dennis DVR
01-08-2004, 01:38 AM
what is the delete statement using VB. i still new in VB

DELETE FROM Tablename WHERE Field = Variable

poochi80
01-08-2004, 02:13 AM
thank duanne it work perfect. but how am i going to check whether they is any data to delete or not before the execution of delete statement.

mikechan8888
01-08-2004, 09:20 AM
The DELETE statement will simply do nothing if there is nothing to delete, so you don't need to do any checking.

MKoslof
01-08-2004, 09:25 AM
well if you want to politically correct about it, you could open the recordset and if you return no records, close it and delete nothing, if you find records, do some deleting, etc. And if you want to remove the blank table you could use the DROP TABLE sql command if you want to stick with the SQL routines

mikechan8888
01-09-2004, 12:04 AM
well if you want to politically correct about it, you could open the recordset and if you return no records, close it and delete nothing, if you find records, do some deleting, etc. And if you want to remove the blank table you could use the DROP TABLE sql command if you want to stick with the SQL routines
Yes, you are right! :rolleyes:

But just don't see much benefit for checking before deleting in this case, am I correct?

Mike

MKoslof
01-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Quote: "thank duanne it work perfect. but how am i going to check whether they is any data to delete or not before the execution of delete statement."

He asked how to check for data before deleting..I told him ;) (ask and you shall receive!)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum