Null value in OLE Object type field

lgarcia3
01-08-2004, 10:41 AM
I have an SQL server 2000 database with an OLE Object type field in it. The front end of the database was created (not by me) on foxpro. The table where that field is, already had a bunch of records (about 1200) with nothing in this specific field (null values) I did a mass append to the table with a DTS and left that field blank. In fact I did not even include it in my DTS.
When the users open the form for this table with one of my records they get an error message that says "there is nothing in that field". When they open one of the other records that were in the database before (where the field is also empty or null) they do not see the error.
I cannot check the application because is lock. What I want to know is how I can tell the database that this field is null. Any ideas?
Thanks

Dennis DVR
01-08-2004, 10:52 AM
I have an SQL server 2000 database with an OLE Object type field in it. The front end of the database was created (not by me) on foxpro. The table where that field is, already had a bunch of records (about 1200) with nothing in this specific field (null values) I did a mass append to the table with a DTS and left that field blank. In fact I did not even include it in my DTS.
When the users open the form for this table with one of my records they get an error message that says "there is nothing in that field". When they open one of the other records that were in the database before (where the field is also empty or null) they do not see the error.
I cannot check the application because is lock. What I want to know is how I can tell the database that this field is null. Any ideas?
Thanks

where under the sql server?
you can use the IS NULL or NULL

or in your program?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum