.mdb file error

mrkamran
01-08-2004, 11:58 AM
Hi,
i m using access database. here is a problem that this database file not open in MS Access nor in vb data maneger. it gives me an error unrecognize database format but in which program i m using this file, it work correctly. why its not open?
thanks

cmeares
01-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Hi,
i m using access database. here is a problem that this database file not open in MS Access nor in vb data maneger. it gives me an error unrecognize database format but in which program i m using this file, it work correctly. why its not open?
thanks

Are you running SP5 on visual basic? This fixes that error.

mrkamran
01-10-2004, 12:38 PM
hi,
i dont know SP5, plz tell me about it and how can i fix error
thanks

an5w3r
01-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Is as easy as saying "done" :P
all u have to do is to go to the msdn.microsoft.com site and download from there the latest versions of access components...
i'll tell u exactly what u have to do:
go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/dataaccess.asp
and download from there the latest version of MDAC (i suppose it is 2.8, but look if it is for your platform... and then copy the file over the old one in the Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\Redist and then run it)
and second... download Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 from the same page... and run it after u have download it... that's all... GOOD LUCK ;)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum