time table preparation software

bairav
01-09-2004, 04:04 AM
Thanx Mr.Menon,

The Data involved int the project are

Input Form:- Staff-subject Allotment
Teacher_code, Allotment of Theory/Lab/Seminars to a teacher,
(of which theory will be 1 hr and lab/seminar will be 3 consecutive hrs duration), dept to which a particular teacher belongs within the college.

(Note : two teacher can share one subject and also teachers teaching inter departmental course to be taken care of while preparation so as to avoid clashes among allocation of teachers to that subject)

Input Form:-Day-Hours allotment
It is assumed in my project that 5days week and each 8 hrs(morning 4 hrs+evening 4hrs) per day will be the timings.

Other criteria: There are 10 different UGcourses with 8 semesters and 10 PG courses with 4 semesters.

The automatic generation would take care of all activities such as
random allocation of theory/lab/seminar to each teacher, avoiding confrontation with teacher is being allocated within the dept course and other dept. course at simultaneous hrs.

With the above requirements if u could guide me to proceed with by giving tips starting with database tables and other code hints, shall
be much useful.
thanx

SURESH MENON
01-09-2004, 04:09 AM
Yes, you are right there should be master table and transaction tables,
but what kind of data you are going to maintain in project?

bairav
01-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Thanx Mr.Menon,

The Data involved int the project are

Input Form:- Staff-subject Allotment
Teacher_code, Allotment of Theory/Lab/Seminars to a teacher,
(of which theory will be 1 hr and lab/seminar will be 3 consecutive hrs duration), dept to which a particular teacher belongs within the college.

(Note : two teacher can share one subject and also teachers teaching inter departmental course to be taken care of while preparation so as to avoid clashes among allocation of teachers to that subject)

Input Form:-Day-Hours allotment
It is assumed in my project that 5days week and each 8 hrs(morning 4 hrs+evening 4hrs) per day will be the timings.

Other criteria: There are 10 different UGcourses with 8 semesters and 10 PG courses with 4 semesters.

The automatic generation would take care of all activities such as
random allocation of theory/lab/seminar to each teacher, avoiding confrontation with teacher is being allocated within the dept course and other dept. course at simultaneous hrs.

With the above requirements if u could guide me to proceed with by giving tips starting with database tables and other code hints, shall
be much useful.
thanx[/QUOTEPOST]

SURESH MENON
01-10-2004, 12:48 AM
hi,

database tables for your project you go thro this and if you are going to some addition or modification pl. let me know.

1) Subject Master :

subject_Id int 4
subject_Name char 30

example :

0001 LAB
0002 THEORY
0003 SEMINARS

2) Teacher Master :

Teacher_Id int 4
Teacher_name char 30
Subject_id int 4
Department_id int 4