Pack my DB within package of project

badidi
01-13-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi,

I developed a project that has a SQL2000 DB. The DB has many tables and some tables have some meta data. I want to make package of my project also including it's DB (and of course meta data in the DB). My DB must automatically be installed when user runs the setup.

Is there a way to do this?

For example, I can get backup of my DB and setup program can restore it to user's machine. Is it possible? How?

Optikal
01-13-2004, 08:42 AM
You can use SQL Server Enterprise Manager to generate a SQL script for your database. Then you can have the setup program execute this script. How you make the setup program do this depends on what setup program you are using.

badidi
01-13-2004, 07:53 PM
You can use SQL Server Enterprise Manager to generate a SQL script for your database.

The script is enough to create DB structure. But some tables of DB include some meta data. Also DB has users. Is porting them possible by SQL script?

Optikal
01-13-2004, 10:19 PM
yes, not sure what your referring to by meta-data. The sql script will include create table statements, and all the appropriate indexes should be setup. Not sure how you generate scripts for users, but I'm sure its possible.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum