Need help modifying HMI software

cmh
01-14-2004, 11:05 AM
I need assistance from vb programmers that are familiar with human machine interface software in particular a program called lookout direct (ver4). The core program called lookout, presently at version 5, is produced by national instruments. NI lookout has some features that are lacking in the version we are using, namely historical data archiving. What the program is used for is collecting data from an automated process via programmable logic controllers which is then stored in a database called citadel. What we would like to do is query the citadel db with a start and end time, trend the data points, and store the trend as an accessible file. The NI website suggests a number of ways to do this (or something similar). Our problem is a lack of vb savy to put the pieces of the puzzle together. The general idea is outlined at this link. http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/25C747675465A666862568080073A0D7?opendocument&node=DZ52189_US
Any suggestions or assistance would be most welcome. I apologize for any abuse of jagon I may have committed.

Matt Hanley
Lyo-Tech
cmh2k@adelphia.net

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum