One after another...

theberzerker69
01-14-2004, 02:46 PM
quick question again. I'm writing information to a database. The only problem is that each time I open the program, it starts writing to the first record instead of the last record....HELP!!!!!

tOM

MKoslof
01-14-2004, 03:04 PM
"quick question again. I'm writing information to a database. The only problem is that each time I open the program, it starts writing to the first record instead of the last record....HELP!!!!!"

Are you writing to a table?...not sure exactly what you're after here. If you want to go immediately to the last record in a recordset after you open the recordset go to the last record:

rs.movelast

theberzerker69
01-14-2004, 03:12 PM
wow...I look back and It seems like I make noooo sense at all. Ok my question was supposed to be "How do I make it so that my program(in VB.NET) writes data to the last record of the database I created(MS Access). Whatever the question was, it doesn't really matter. I figured it out.

I am using an Add-in called Softwire(www.softwire.com). Actually i'm working for softwire right now.

Bascially I have a function where my program reads the table down the line until it gets to the last record, records that number, and uses that number as the record # to write to in the database. Yea im rambling again. All is good tho! Cheerio!

MKoslof
01-14-2004, 03:17 PM
OK, glad its resolved.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum