the tutors corner

wild wolf
11-26-2001, 02:33 AM
how do we post something in the tutors corner? (ooops sorry this is no game question)

Flyguy
11-26-2001, 04:10 AM
Just place your code here, it the moderators think it is OK they can place it to the tutors corner.

BillSoo
11-26-2001, 07:20 AM
Or if you want, you can e-mail an article to us.

Any moderator can post it for you. Expect the moderator to do some basic editing though (ie. spell checking etc.)

wild wolf
11-26-2001, 09:42 PM
its actually a tutorial on how to call forms from a shockwave file using FSCommand, do u think its worth?if yes then ill attach it with my next post

Ad1
11-27-2001, 04:18 AM
it sounds interesting and I'm sure it will be of some use to people

wild wolf
11-27-2001, 10:13 PM
thanx Ad1, hope it is of some help,
here it is with a sample attached,
the main form is mainmenu
REMEMBER to change the path name of the swf files.

'This function receives arguments passed from the flash source file and carries out
'an action accordingly. The values are passed through action scripts in flash. The
'source file is too large to be attached so iam attaching the swf file. Please change
'the path name of the swf file in this program accordingly, u can do that by selectig
'the properties of the swf file and select custom, where u will be prompted to specify
'a path name of the file.

Private Sub ShockwaveFlash1_FSCommand(ByVal command As String, ByVal args As String)

'if the value of the arguments sent is "se"
If args = "se" Then
'show the selection form
selection.Show
End If
If args = "hi" Then
highscore.Show
End If
If args = "exit" Then
End
End If
If args = "about" Then
frmAbout.Show
End If
If args = "help" Then
help.Show
End If
If args = "dev" Then
highscore.Show
End If
End Sub

Volte
11-28-2001, 06:31 PM
Well, this isn't really a tutorial, it's just a bit of code. I recommend it goes in the Code Library section, rather than the Tutor's Corner.

wild wolf
11-29-2001, 03:26 AM
ok so how do i write a tutorial then?

wild wolf
11-29-2001, 03:28 AM
anyway, this isnt a game programming question also so lets end this post here, i just wrote this program hoping it would help people here. put it in tutorial or code its still the same

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum