HELP with VB6 to CR 10

niall29
03-03-2004, 02:12 PM
PLEASE HELP

THIS is driving me mad.

I have an application on VB6 which used CR 8.5 for its reports and everything worked great until I dicovered there was a 255 character limit on 8.5 So I upgraded to CR 10.

When I released it onto the floor supervisors were saying they were getting a Run_Time Error 713.

So I thought it could be resolved by making a new .exe (Thinking that CR10 has some files that werent in 8.5)
So I run the Packaging and Development Wizard. it says it can't find U25TOTAL.DLL, U2LBAR.DLL and CRYSTAL (no extension). But it works perfectly on my machine and I cannot find these files on my machine.

Any help will really be Appreciated

MKoslof
03-03-2004, 02:24 PM
PLEASE HELP

THIS is driving me mad.

I have an application on VB6 which used CR 8.5 for its reports and everything worked great until I dicovered there was a 255 character limit on 8.5 So I upgraded to CR 10.

When I released it onto the floor supervisors were saying they were getting a Run_Time Error 713.

So I thought it could be resolved by making a new .exe (Thinking that CR10 has some files that werent in 8.5)
So I run the Packaging and Development Wizard. it says it can't find U25TOTAL.DLL, U2LBAR.DLL and CRYSTAL (no extension). But it works perfectly on my machine and I cannot find these files on my machine.

Any help will really be Appreciated

So this application works fine on your development machine correct? I want to make sure we are dealing with a deployment issue. Well, do you still have your Crystal 10 CD. If so, do an Add/Update and install all features including all support for exporting, etc....get everything onto your CPU. Then reDo a system search on your CPU. But, if this runs fine on your development machine, you should already have the required dlls loaded. I am not fully confident that these missing dlls are the exact cause. When does the error occur, when the report first loads, or when a certain action occurs?

niall29
03-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Yes it works great on the Devopment computer but when I try and make the .exe without the 3 files mentioned above when I put it on a machine and they try and print the Error says Run_Time Error 713 Application_Defined or Object_Defined Error

MKoslof
03-03-2004, 02:57 PM
so this occurs when they try to print. So they can open the database and produce the report OK? If so, can you post the code you are using?

The problem is, from your description it is hard to tell where the error lies. If you are not viewing the report at all, simply sending it records and then implementing a printout command...there could be a number of reasons. The report object itself could be failing....it is hard to tell.

niall29
03-03-2004, 03:04 PM
so this occurs when they try to print. So they can open the database and produce the report OK? If so, can you post the code you are using?

The problem is, from your description it is hard to tell where the error lies. If you are not viewing the report at all, simply sending it records and then implementing a printout command...there could be a number of reasons. The report object itself could be failing....it is hard to tell.

Well they can see all info they need on a form the only time it actually uses CR at all is when you tell it to print. but I do think that the missing files are not the problem (but I could be wrong, it wouldnt be the 1st time)

MKoslof
03-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Well, the Crystal Report object is failing, the user can not instantiate the report. This could be any number of reasons. Hmmmm...what dlls are currently being but into your package and deploy wizard.

niall29
03-04-2004, 10:27 AM
When the Package and Deployment wizard says that 2 files are out of Date and asks you do you want to continue anyway. What should I do

niall29
03-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Also I just noticed that on my computer (the Developing Computer) that the reports are printing but in 2 of the reports the date is not printing and in the other 2 it is

but I can not see any reason why not
I wonder could these all be linked

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum