Yet another RPG Maker - Need feedback

AHWilliams
12-20-2001, 08:58 AM
OK, I know everyone and their mother has tried to write an RPG editor but I wrote one anyway (attached or)...

HTTP://odyssey.hypermart.net/rpg.zip

there are some minor problems with the main map area when using certain screen resolutions which will be fixed. Otherwise I am quite pleased with my progress. I am looking for feedback regarding the interface (ie is it intuitive). Sample rpg is just a quick file used for testing, need to lock down the app before writing an actual game.

Any feedback would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Teric
12-20-2001, 09:23 AM
I'm sure you'll understand why some of us are uneasy about simply downloading an exe file and executing it on our machine. Instead of attaching an exe file, please attach your code/forms/project file. This is a VB code forum anyway.

AHWilliams
12-20-2001, 09:43 AM
Your right, I probably wouldn't trust an unknown exe myself! Besides it makes much more sense to attach the VB files since you guys can probably give some debugging help. Files are attached in rpg2.zip.

AHWilliams
12-20-2001, 11:38 AM
I forgot to put a disclaimer on the attachments: Not all of the graphics are mine, they are merely placeholders. Please do not use or distribute as they belong to various other people who worked very hard on them.

robot313
12-20-2001, 12:46 PM
I see a little thing. In the edit menu, variables and events both have "v" for the access key.

AHWilliams
12-20-2001, 12:47 PM
Good catch! Thanks!

AHWilliams
12-20-2001, 01:55 PM
BTW, anyone know why the graphics dont line up. More to the point how do you make scroll bars/list boxes appear in the exact location you want them to?

Teric
12-20-2001, 02:14 PM
AHWilliams--Try this. I put a map editor program out on this forum a while ago. In that program, I set it up so that the user could resize the form, and all of the controls on the form would adjust size/location accordingly. Take a look--maybe it will give you an idea of how to do it in your program.

http://www.visualbasicforum.com/bbs/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=gp&Number=47122&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=3&o=9 3&fpart=

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum