Global offsets

HEXa
01-02-2002, 03:16 PM
I am attempting to change a setting within a simulation game .I have identified and managed to write to the offset and change its value from 0 to 1.However the game will then return this value to 0 .I have set up a timer at 1 ms intervals and tried using the API timer to write continuisly to the global but the result is a 1-0-1-0-1 and so on.
I am new to programming and would appreciate any help forcing this offset to 1 .
Thanks

Teric
01-02-2002, 07:13 PM
I'd like to help you out, but it is not very clear what you are referring to when you say 'offset'. Are you talking about a timer? Would it be possible to attach your code here so that I could take a look at it?

Thanks!

Squirm
01-02-2002, 07:54 PM
Is this someone else's game that you are trying to 'crack' into?

HEXa
01-03-2002, 01:25 PM
I am never good at explainig problems.The offset i refer to is better known as a global address eg '&H1234'.I want to fix the value of this address from 0 to 1.I have managed to do this but it is then returned to its original 0 by the game itself.The code is based on calling a function at timed intervals

Function GAME_Write(dwglobal As Long, dwSize As Long, pSrce As Long, ByRef dwResult As Long) As Boolean

'timer:
GAME_Write(&H1234, 2, 1, dwResult )
GAME_PROCESS(dwResult)

Yes this is someone else's game.

Thanks

Flyguy
01-03-2002, 03:01 PM
The fact the game itself is constantly setting the value back to 0 doesn't give you the idea you might be looking in the wrong place> :confused:

Waxycat
01-06-2002, 08:20 AM
are you talking about the base? try option base 1. it'll make all your arrays start with 1 instead of 0. however, you can make them start wherever you want by specifying the range using a number to a number instead of just a number.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum