Simple Question - Printing Flexgrid?

04-14-2004, 11:33 AM
If I print a flexgrid, will it look similar to what a basic report would in Access?

If not, what should I use to create a report?

I dont have the Crytal Reporting tool. Is there anything else I could use?

04-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Here is an example of creating a datareport.

04-14-2004, 04:24 PM
If you decide to print the flexGrid, go to the knowledge base. FlyGuy has a code sample for this..and it works quite well.

04-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Due to a printing problem, Ive had to change my control to an MSHFlexgrid (rather than the MSFlexgrid).

This is fine, except for one little niggle...

When I press print, the MSHFlexgrid disappears. No matter how many refreshes I do it will not reappear on the form.

Only if I close the form and open it again can I see the grid again.

My code for Print is simple, but I dont want any more hassle with it:

Dim old_width as Integer
MSFlexGrid_Name.width=printer.width 'makes it full length of page

Printer.PaintPicture MSFlexGrid_Name.Picture, 0, 0

MSFlexGrid_Name.width=old_width ' this makes it full width of the page

End Sub

If someone could just guide me in the right direction as to why the grid is disappearing or what I have to do to make it reappear.

I have even created a form refresh function, and tried to call it after the print command, but that has not worked either.

Please can someone help?

04-15-2004, 07:16 AM
I told you about FlyGuy's tutorial regarding printing the FlexGrid control. Did you look at it :). This method is not going to work, you can't simply send the grid to the printer object like this.

You are going to have to create a class or print or two lines of code won't output the grid correctly. FlyGuy's example will get you started.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum