Flexgrid problem - Run time error 381 - Subscript out of range

VBKid04
04-14-2004, 03:52 PM
I have a flexgrid which i am populating, and then when the user clicks on a row, the data for that row is passed to textboxes.

This works fine usually until the form is refreshed
(ie. There is a refresh button, and after it is pressed, if you try to browse around, this error is thrown).
(There is also an update button which calls a refresh, and again after this, if you attempt to browse around, this error is thrown).

Can anyone help me out? What does it even mean and what am I looking for to fix ?

It has highlighted one of the lines I am passing back to a textbox using the .TextMatrix property - but I cant see the problem with this, as before the user Refreshes the page this works just fine!

Someone please help!

Flyguy
04-14-2004, 03:57 PM
This error is raised when you try to access a non existent cell.
For example you pass a column number which exceeds the number of columns in the grid.

LaVolpe
04-14-2004, 04:00 PM
The error generally means an Array of something is goofed (i.e., trying to get the 10th element of an array of 9 items for example). Suggest posting the highlighted line for others to view.

VBKid04
04-17-2004, 10:06 AM
I am now getting this quite a lot which I cant understand.

Am passing a number of columns to a grid with one user, and its working fine.

When I use a different user, to pass the same number of columns, it always comes up with an error...

No matter what table I try to pass, it always seems to have an error normally on column 8:

is there something special about column 8 ?

The tables I am passing usually have more than 8 columns - normally they have about 12, but its not liking anything after 8.

Thanks.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum