text data type problem when copying tables

reagan123
04-15-2004, 10:31 AM
i have a table called "OldTable" with a field called "POC" in it... it is of text type and has a fields size of 255... i have another table that is an exact copy of the "OldTable" that has POC defined the same way.. problem is that i am copying all of the info from "OldTable" to the new table using vb6
and i get an error "Data Provider or other service returned an E_FAIL status. the record it stops at in the old database is the POC field and it has 255 characters exactly... but it wont let me update POC in the new table.. I'm dont see why it could be one table and not be allowed to be added to the other... i know its a bit confusing, but does anyone see a reason why this may be..
thanks

webbone
04-16-2004, 02:29 AM
Can you post the code you are using to copy the table?

Also, what data provider are you using?

MKoslof
04-16-2004, 06:40 AM
If you want to take all data from one table and dump it into another, you should use a "SELECT * INTO" statement if the table doesn't exist. Actually, if this second table is a true "copy" of the existing database, you should use the SELECT INTO method. Then, the entire table will be copied into the new database and it will be created automatically for you.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum