Creating Crystal Reports in runtime

mel
04-16-2004, 12:15 PM
hi,

i wanna create crystal reports in runtime

that s when i am running the program once i give the parameter such as the repot type(bar ,pie,line etc) and the data the program should automatically give me the crystal report.

Can any one plz tell me how to do this.

so far all i know is to make a report in crystal reprt use the crytal report control and put it in the program..

I WANT IT TO BE DYNAMIC ....PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP!! :(

MKoslof
04-16-2004, 06:29 PM
For dynamic reports you should be using the CRAXDRT object library..reference the Crystal Design and Run Time libraries. What version of Crystal Reports are you using? Also, are you using the Developer's version. If not, you really can't create dynamic reports or deploy your application. Let me know what version you are using.

mel
04-23-2004, 02:49 PM
8.5 developer version

i tried version 9 but i got problems so i insattalled 8.5

which one is best for this

please help

a small example at least would do

just want to get the idea

i am totally new to crystal reports

but i know some basics

MKoslof
04-23-2004, 03:05 PM
I have had many discussions about Crystal on this forum. If you do a search for "Crystal Reports" or "MKoslof" you will get a bunch of hits. Here is one recent conversation I had, with some code as well:

http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?t=162208

mel
04-23-2004, 03:11 PM
thanks alot you've ben great help

MKoslof
04-23-2004, 03:15 PM
No problem, if you start coding and run into some propblems, post your current code and we will try to help you along. Good luck.

mel
04-23-2004, 03:30 PM
thanks again i will check your other tutorials too. i know how to make the static reports .but i thout it would be much use full if i had a dynamic report on my program thats why i am searching for these stuff. THANKS AGAIN

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum