Security DB and file.txt

whitehat
04-19-2004, 02:32 AM
Hi,
is it possible to protect an db by MS-Access, not a simple password protection, but an example by file-protected, the VBA find this protection and deny the access database? There are more examples of high protection database? :D
Thanks

PWNettle
04-19-2004, 02:37 AM
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking or what you've tried...but MS Access has a built-in security model that you can activate. Search the MS Access help file for "Access Security" if you're interested.

Paul

TheDutch IceMan
04-19-2004, 02:38 AM
Database encryption can be used as well as creating a mdw file (Workgroup file) which seems to be a rather good protection! :D

whitehat
04-22-2004, 04:39 AM
I try more clearly to being now;
The VB application has like support as database protect by password.
The table of all codes of the customers resides in the database protect, the problem of security rises when a customer knows the code of an other customer as sub agent of insurance, in case of life policies insurance. ;)

The installation happens on a computer from an CD, can be protect inserting of the values on the registry of windows in same computer or a text file hidden, but the customer who knows the code of an other customer can make the installation on an other different computer...

I hope of to have been clearly now...
I would want to resolve this problem of the security... :confused:
Thanks

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum