Recordset

Adrienne
04-20-2004, 03:28 AM
Hi

This might sound like a weird question but I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I might go about this.

I wish to open a number of different database connections in the one form.Is there any way to ensure that the same recordset is used for all of these connections without explicitly saying so.Because of other code which I am using I can't explicitly open and close the recodset continually.

Thanks for your help
a :D

chrisap
04-20-2004, 03:37 AM
Hi

This might sound like a weird question but I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I might go about this.

I wish to open a number of different database connections in the one form.Is there any way to ensure that the same recordset is used for all of these connections without explicitly saying so.Because of other code which I am using I can't explicitly open and close the recodset continually.

Thanks for your help
a :D

Hi Adrienne,
I dont know if you can use a recordset referring to multiple connections but as far as i know its better not to do that. My optinion is to use different recordsets.I am usually creating linked tables inside an empty new database instead of using multiple databases, maybe that would be good for you

MKoslof
04-20-2004, 08:22 AM
Why would you have to open the same recordset multiple times? Is that at the same time? Why not do all your recordset modifications within the same connection. You should never have to open the same table more than once concurrently.

Adrienne
04-20-2004, 08:41 AM
OK,i might not have explained my problem properly.I have a number of databases.Each have one table in common.These hold the same values.I wish to update one table in one database using a VB form and for this update to be applied to the same table in every other database??Is this possible?

Thanks for your help
:o

MKoslof
04-20-2004, 08:44 AM
So, you are opening the same table multiple times? No, don't do it this way.

If you have 5 database, open each one individually, and update the table. Close the table. Go to the next database, update the table, close it, etc.

Adrienne
04-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Thanks for your very fast help!!!!

I will try to do that :p

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum