Appending

Adrienne
04-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Is it possible to append to another database,a new record which has just been added to a datagrid??

Thank you so much for your help again everyone.Being part of this forum has helped me learn so much! ;)

CrystalWizard
04-20-2004, 10:44 AM
Could you please explain in further detail? Do you want to attach a new record to the same db where all of the other info resides?

Absolut9
04-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Is it possible to append to another database,a new record which has just been added to a datagrid??

Thank you so much for your help again everyone.Being part of this forum has helped me learn so much! ;)
Do you mean, append the newely added record into a totally new database?

For example, you tied your datagrid to DB1, but want to add any new records that are added into DB2. Correct?

Adrienne
04-20-2004, 02:37 PM
Hey
thanks for your interest,i logged out 4 ages :)

what i want to achieve is to view a table in one database and update it,i have written the code to do this successfully.The problem is i have another 10 databases which contain the same table of information,i wish to update these using the details from the one datagrid which the user updates,so they do not have to update each table in every database continually,they will just update the info once in the datagrid on the form and somehow this will link to the same table in the other databases and update them accordingly.I have searched the net and this site for answers,but to no avail,would greatly appreciate any insight!!!

Thanks again
a

Shurik12
04-20-2004, 02:42 PM
Hi Adrienne,

>i have another 10 databases which contain the same table

Just out of curiosity, how come that you have 10 mdb files (I assume you are using Access right?) with the same table?
Do you think it's really justified?

Regards,
Shurik.

Regards,
Shurik.

Adrienne
04-20-2004, 02:53 PM
thats a good point!! :)

unfortunately its necessary however!!one table is the same in every database but the other tables are different.This table is needed in order to make a connection with other tables in the database to loop through records and match them and add data accordingly,this part of the project works perfectly,even though the concept is hard to understand and i won't bore u with the very gory details :D ,it was,at the time the easiest way of doing things,if a little pointless

Is what i'm trying to do with the datagrid impossible.would be very greatful for your help

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum