Reloading a form with new database values

xxdcmast
04-20-2004, 11:59 AM
I have two forms one with text boxes with data in them from a database file and one form with buttons for navigation. One of the buttons should return you to the form with the data in the textboxes however when I go back to the form with the data in the boxes it does not update to the new stored values however if you rerun the program the correct values will be displayed. I tried form.refresh but that didnt do anything what im looking for is a way of reloading/refreshing the form so that it updates the values of the textboxes with the new values from the database.

Wilto
04-20-2004, 12:04 PM
are all your ado connections correct?

xxdcmast
04-20-2004, 12:07 PM
are all your ado connections correct?
Yea they all work fine and return the correct data... Im just looking for some code that will make the values refresh. All I have done so far is hide the form when its not in use and then show it again when the button is clicked. It still comes up with the old data because the form never went away it just got hidden. Im looking for a command that will refresh the form clear out the boxes and stuff and allow the new data to be put in. It should be something very simple because all the other code works.

I know its kind of hard to explain I can post the prog if you want to look at it its pretty small

xxdcmast
04-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Yea they all work fine and return the correct data... Im just looking for some code that will make the values refresh. All I have done so far is hide the form when its not in use and then show it again when the button is clicked. It still comes up with the old data because the form never went away it just got hidden. Im looking for a command that will refresh the form clear out the boxes and stuff and allow the new data to be put in. It should be something very simple because all the other code works.

I know its kind of hard to explain I can post the prog if you want to look at it its pretty small

Here is the program that I am running

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum