BV boogle code

lizzie
02-04-2002, 10:50 PM
does any one know any source codes for the word game boogle??? if so please could you help me???

thank you:D

orufet
02-04-2002, 10:55 PM
Why? I'm not familiar with this game, but try:

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb

Do a quick search there. You might not get a whole lot of results by searching for "boggle" (as I guess not many people know about it), but if you think about programming concepts used it, you can try a more broad search. (Like, say, "word find" or "word game") Remember, I don't really know what this game is, so I'm just taking a blind shot here.

wild wolf
02-05-2002, 02:56 AM
i searched for boogle and this is what i get

Boogle 2.0

Think your vocabulary doesn't suck? You have three minutes to prove it! Boogle tosses you a grid of twenty-five random letters and it's your job to create as many words, from adjacent letters, as you can before the timer goes off. Statistically speaking, Boogle is packed with features, including the BRI: the ultimate way to prove your lexical superiority! Sure, Boogle is fully Appearance-savvy, but you can also use custom Themes to improve the look of your game screen. Best of all, you can create your own full color Themes in any graphics program and share them with other players.

License: Shareware, $10
Author/Publisher: C.DEV And Eric Reid
Modification Date: May 4, 2000
Requirements: PPC

since it says that it is a licensed software and retails at $10, i dun think they will allow anyone apart from the creators themselves to have a copy of the source code but that does not mean u cant get it, try ur luck (by the way this is the game ur talking about right? if not please disregard this reply)

orufet
02-05-2002, 08:47 AM
Did you search PSC or a web search engine? Of course you're not going to find source code on a web search engine by just searching for the name...Try the link I gave you just up a post or two.

wild wolf
02-05-2002, 10:21 AM
searched on that page but din get anything of interest, maybe i wasnt using the right words to look up

orufet
02-05-2002, 10:23 AM
Odd. I got lots of information.

wild wolf
02-05-2002, 11:50 PM
yeah odd, hey what search words did u use?

lizzie
02-06-2002, 12:00 AM
i searched at the site you gave me and i did not get any results....that is the game i was talking about.....i am not sure how you get the source code from the game if it is licenced.....

thank you for all your help

wild wolf
02-06-2002, 12:04 AM
but there is a possibility that someone has created another game just like it using vb and if ur lucky enough u could get the source code

AcidBoot
02-06-2002, 01:28 AM
Isn't the game "boggle" rather than "boogle"?

Boggle, as in mind-boggling.
Boogle sounds more like a bad dancing game.

wild wolf
02-06-2002, 06:37 AM
the description that i got above proves it is boogle

Squirm
02-06-2002, 06:50 AM
No, I believe it is called Boggle, I have it right here with me.
The following website will "prove" it is Boggle...Boggle (http://www.centralconnector.com/GAMES/boggle.html) :rolleyes:

wild wolf
02-06-2002, 09:10 AM
oh my god thats very true, it seems like they are both the same type of games and only the name is different, but squirm u should know about this, do u think u we can get a source code of a game that is licensed?

one thing, since both the games are similar, only the name is diff, iam sure there must be a game similiar to this made in vb,lets start the hunt!!!

orufet
02-06-2002, 09:15 AM
Don't worry about the liscence problem. You probably won't be able to get "Boggle" or "Boogle", but I'm sure someone has remade these in VB. If you search on PSC like I showed you, you'll get exactly what you'r looking for.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum