VB.NET / Web Matrix Config problem.

davheili
09-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Excuse me for being ignorant here, but here goes.

Win XP Home, VB.NET standard, Web Matrix.

I'm new to this whole .NET thing, so I'm sure there is something I'm missing here. I'm trying to learn some ASP.NET using VB.NET standard. Because XP Home does not support IIS, I'm trying to get the server in Web Matrix to run, but I'm having problems getting VB.NET IDE to find the Web Matrix server.

How do I get the Web Matrix server configured to serve up the web pages created with the ASP projects? Can I start the web server without starting Web Matrix.

I also get a bunch of error messages whe I try to open a new ASP.Net Web Application project. It's complaining that it's having problems trying to configure the application root. And that it can't restrict access to the bin folder. See the attachments.

I also get an error when I try to run the ASP where it complains that the poroject is not configures for debugging. Yet if I look at the config file, the debug="true". See attachment.

I know this is easy stuff for a lot of you. But I've never set up web servers or coded ASP before. I'm lost. :confused:

Thanks for the help. :cool:

Dave.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum