Whats going on?

TopCat
10-12-2004, 04:26 AM
I have a strange problem and its driving me mad can anyone help me!!!!!! I have nine forms each with a data object. On form one there is an option "Add new record" (Each record in the database has a unique number for each report). When this option is selected I set up an ADO object which returns the highest report number in the database I then increment his by 1 and this is the new report number.
I then go through the database and fill in in each table blank values it works lovely. The problem which I am having is that when I move to the third form the information stored in report number one is displayed this should not happen it should be blank as its a newly created record which contains no information at all. I have been able to use 'data1.recordset.movelast' when I go to the second form and it works however it doesnít work for any of the other seven forms. I canít see how to have all of the forms display the rest of the blank fields which make up the most newly created record and not the information stored in the first record being displayed.

:confused:

TopCat
10-12-2004, 04:45 AM
sorry guys i have found out an answer anyone know how to get rid of this post?

malloc
10-12-2004, 05:19 AM
sorry guys i have found out an answer anyone know how to get rid of this post?
Why would you want to get rid of it? :huh:

If you have found the solution to your own problem it may be very helpfull for others, who may have a similar problem, if you were to post your solution. Others may also have some other remarks or other possible solutions to add. This way we may all learn something from this. :)

TopCat
10-12-2004, 06:44 AM
Sorry Iíve never used forums before. I made a stupid mistake of disabling the data objects, which meant that I couldnít access them, quite embarrassing thing to do. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice though
:)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum