10-14-2004, 12:24 PM
Point of Contact | Attendee
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Doe , John ; Doe , Jane
Doe , John ; Doe , John
Doe , John ; Dye , Mike
Edy , Luke ; Edy , Luke

MS Access 2003. There are 3 tables.
The first table contains the name of every individual that is involved in the project with a random database ID number.
The second table contains the ID number of those individuals who are points of contact (this must be separate table from the first).
The third table contains the ID number of an event attendee and their point of contact (a person may be their own point of contact).
I currently have a query that gives me info as above with a point of contact and an attendee name.
The goal is to have a report that gives...

Doe, John - Point of Contact
Doe, Jane
Doe, John
Dye, Mike
Edy, Luke - Point of Contact

... etc.

I do not know a way to make the report automated (Access VB on Detail Format) without somehow joining the records for each point of contact so that the first name is the Point of Contact and any number of attendees might follow (1-20+) on a single record instead of 3 records as above.
Does anyone know of a solution by (Access) VB (some sort of do while loop on the point of contacts ID number), query (making all of the records for john doe as the point of contact into a single longer record) or by report creation techniques that would enable me to create a report as specified above.
Please feel free to ask questions as I am sure I have left something out.

Joe Nudi III

Granty
10-14-2004, 02:13 PM
On your report, create a group header for the point of contact field. Then it will list each point of contact once then all those attendees related to that p.o.c underneath.

joenudi
10-14-2004, 04:09 PM
I don't know what group headers are but I will certainly read up on them. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll get back when I know how it works.

Joe Nudi III

joenudi
10-15-2004, 08:36 AM
Sorry for what I now know to be a very Newbie question. I had never used grouping before for reports and the grouping ability made things incredibly easy. Thanks a lot for the suggestion, you were right on target.

Joe Nudi III

Granty
10-15-2004, 08:39 AM
We were all newbies once, glad i could help :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum