subreport in subreport

cltuser
10-15-2004, 07:04 AM
Is it possible to have a main report which contains a subreport...and that subreport contain a subreport?

Flyguy
10-15-2004, 08:29 AM
Please elaborate on your "main report" and your "subreport"
I really don't have a clue what you are talking about, is it about MDI (child) forms?

cltuser
10-15-2004, 08:39 AM
Is it possible to have a main report which contains a subreport...and that subreport contain a subreport?

I have a main report which contain several subreports. In some of those subreports I want to include another subreport. Can this be done. I hope I have explained myself.

Main
subreport
subreport

Flyguy
10-15-2004, 11:07 AM
What do you mean with having a "main report"
Sorry, but I still don't have any clue what you are talking about.

Timbo
10-15-2004, 11:48 AM
If this is an MS Access qustion, please let us know and someone will move the thread to the appropriate area. Thanks.

cltuser
10-15-2004, 11:59 AM
If this is an MS Access qustion, please let us know and someone will move the thread to the appropriate area. Thanks.

I'm using vb6 and cr dev 8.5

Flyguy
10-16-2004, 03:22 AM
Please come on! We are not mind readers!

I assume you mean with "cr dev 8.5" that you are using Crystal Reports version 8.5
If you provide all needed information in your question then there is a bigger chance anybody will jump in with some advice :-\

cltuser
10-16-2004, 05:49 AM
Please come on! We are not mind readers!

I assume you mean with "cr dev 8.5" that you are using Crystal Reports version 8.5
If you provide all needed information in your question then there is a bigger chance anybody will jump in with some advice :-\

You have assumed correctly

MKoslof
10-16-2004, 09:15 AM
You can have as many sub reports as you want (within reason, I am sure at some point the Crystal Print engine would blow up). Meaning if you need a Main Report and three subReports, you can do that.

cltuser
10-18-2004, 07:14 AM
You can have as many sub reports as you want (within reason, I am sure at some point the Crystal Print engine would blow up). Meaning if you need a Main Report and three subReports, you can do that.

But can you have a main report with say three subreports and one of the three subreports has a subreport?

MKoslof
10-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Unfortunately, Crystal Report does not support nested subReports. You can have a two-tier data structure, meaning you can have a Main or Parent report with many sub reports, each in its own section, etc.

cltuser
10-20-2004, 02:42 AM
Unfortunately, Crystal Report does not support nested subReports. You can have a two-tier data structure, meaning you can have a Main or Parent report with many sub reports, each in its own section, etc.
Thanks for the reply MKoslof

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum