Crystal report question?

Laufer
10-17-2004, 06:51 AM
Hello,
I am using VB 6 and CR 9.2 and i done some reports with parameters etc. Now i need to display all fields from table on form and let user choose what fields he want on report.
And another question. Is possible when user double clicks on report on record to get 1 datafield from database so i can open form where user can change values of datafields.
Thanks

MKoslof
10-17-2004, 09:26 AM
If you want to have completely interactive reports, meaning the user basically creates their own reports at runtime, you are going to have to implement Crystal Print Engine API and specific Development versions of Crystal Reports. I believe Crystal Reports Advanced now provides this option, but I may be wrong.

I suggest contacting Crystal Decisions and telling them what your needs are. For example, if you are using the Professional Version of Crystal Reports, you can not do what you are looking for. Even with the Developer's version of Crystal, you can't create fully dynamic reports in this way. With CR.Net, and other versions of Crystal you have more options. The exact Reporting interface you want is on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't remember. Go to Seagate's homepage or contact a support rep for more information.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum