current record lock

sonia
10-20-2004, 08:33 AM
hi hope all is well

(i am using microsoft access 2000)
I have a form and also navigation buttons at the bottom of the form.. i would like to lock a current record after it is updated... so the user can not go and edit what has been inputted in the previous row..

can someone help me out please....

thanks in advance - sonia... ;)

Shurik12
10-20-2004, 08:52 AM
Hi,
This might be of some help
http://www.visualbasicforum.com/showthread.php?t=194388

sonia
10-21-2004, 01:33 PM
hi i checked out the link didnt quite seem to help me.. or maybe i am not understanding it - i am using access 2000 - i am doing a windows based application on a standalone pc - so its nothing biggie really - i am using everthing within access.

i have a form which its record source is a query (which is the parent form). Within this form i have a subform (which is the child form) and is linked via its id with the parents id.

my subform (the child form) default view is a datasheet.. it has 5 columns and the last column is outofStockqty field..

I would like that when the user enters a value in this field and then moves back to the current record (meaning the outofStockqty field) which is showing in the datasheet that it does not allow to get focus to be changed...

i hope that i explained this ok... can someone please help i would really appreciate it..

thanks in advance - sonia take care

MKoslof
10-21-2004, 08:24 PM
That link describes recording locking and table locking at the table level..meaning how you marshall the physical availability of fields within your table in a multi-user environment. It appears in your case, you are looking for some VBA user form method of locking the movement of your controls? Is that correct?

If you are working in datasheet view, I don't think you can do anything like this. The DataSheet view is basically a snap shot the table and what currently resides in it. There is no row click event that you can trap.

sonia
10-22-2004, 03:15 AM
just wanted to say thanks for your help... really appreciate it.. take care and once again thanks.. ;)

MKoslof
10-23-2004, 10:02 AM
No problem, always glad to provide assistance. Good luck with your project.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum