MS Access Problem - No Data

alenek
10-21-2004, 07:14 AM
Hi!
I have created an application that uses Data Environment and ADO controls to access an mdb Access 2003 database.

On my computer it works fine but when i installed it on other pc's it won't fetch any data.

At the beggining I got two errors: "3704 object is closed" for the data Environment and "91 end without block(i think)" for the ado control.
After searching through msdn I solved these problems by adding one button opening the recordset for the Data Environment and including in the code adodc1.refresh for the ADO control. It worked. No errors. But no fetching of data also. :huh: .

I also tried to convert the data base to access 2000 and access 97 but I encountered the same problems.
What is more is that I made a new project adding just an ado control and 3 text just to test and the same thing happen. The application worked fine,no errors, but no data also.

Can anyone help me please, installing this application on other pc's without having to install vb6 also?

Thank you very much in advance.
(using VB6,MS ACCESS 2003 and JET OLEDB 4.0)

loquin
10-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Did you create an install package to use with your program, or just copy the .exe from your computer to the target machine?

If you didn't create an install package, start with VB's Package & Deployment Wizard (PDW.) For simple apps, it works fairly well.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum