MSAccess and SQL server

Riya
10-21-2004, 02:43 PM
I want to create a procedure in sql server that should compare the count of records in SQL Server and access 2000 table.
Please let me know how can connect to access2000 from sql server in the stored procedure and perform a query

Thanks

MKoslof
10-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Do mean run SQL Server procedures and queries from Access? Typically this is how you do it. There are several ways to do this..one of the popular ways is via an Access ADP application, where the client side Access application serves as a local window to your sql server database.

Typically, you want the client engine (always Access in this case) to pull data down from your client/server database engine (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)

Regarding running sql server stored procedures from Access, look at this article, it will get you started:

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/msaccess/article.php/3407531

Riya
10-22-2004, 03:08 PM
I've to write a stored procedure in SQL Server that can connect to access database and get count of records in one of the tables in access database.
How can I specify the connection string to connect to MSaccess database from SQLServer?

MKoslof
10-23-2004, 09:45 AM
Again, reverse it :). You don't want to do it that way. You want the client application to communicate with the client/server database engine. You want the client application (Access) to evaluate its own native data, and serve as a Window to the server-defined SQL Server database. Don't read Jet Provider data into SQL Server..there is no reason to.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum