RUNTIMEERROR: 713 (not report related)

Mojoinst
10-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Hi all,

i have built a program that runs off a jet 4.0 MSAccess database, which on my machine (the machine the project was built on) runs fine. i used a data envionment as a link to the database, and there is no data report used anywhere in the entire program.

everytime i go to execute this program on another computer (other computers do not have VB installed) i get a runtime error 713: Application-defined or object defined error.

i have been looking up the cause of this error on the internet for the last couple of hours, and keep on reading that this error occurs when trying to open a data report.

i'm so confused and have no idea what to do.

any help would be much appreciated,

thanks for your time,
mējē

webbone
10-21-2004, 06:07 PM
Hi all,

i have built a program that runs off a jet 4.0 MSAccess database, which on my machine (the machine the project was built on) runs fine. i used a data envionment as a link to the database, and there is no data report used anywhere in the entire program.

everytime i go to execute this program on another computer (other computers do not have VB installed) i get a runtime error 713: Application-defined or object defined error.

i have been looking up the cause of this error on the internet for the last couple of hours, and keep on reading that this error occurs when trying to open a data report.

i'm so confused and have no idea what to do.

any help would be much appreciated,

thanks for your time,
mējē
Did you just place the .exe on the other computer, or did you make and installer with all the appropriate DLL's etc.? Just thinking that perhaps you are missing a file or registry entry and for some reason this error is popping up and masking the true problem.

Mojoinst
10-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Did you just place the .exe on the other computer, or did you make and installer with all the appropriate DLL's etc.? Just thinking that perhaps you are missing a file or registry entry and for some reason this error is popping up and masking the true problem.

i made an installer myself, but im very new to this side of VB.

my installer just copied the exe to a location and the database.

would you be able to help me create and apropriate installer?

thanks again
mējē

loquin
10-21-2004, 06:14 PM
I suggest you first try the package and deployment wizard that comes with VB.

Mojoinst
10-21-2004, 07:52 PM
I suggest you first try the package and deployment wizard that comes with VB.

Thanks for that... it took me a while to find it and nut it out but i got there :D.

Thanks again,m
mējē

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum