Generating New Forms

dobbs
10-22-2004, 12:13 PM
I have an application that looks at a personal geodatabase (MSAcess) to edit attribute data. It populates a combo box with all of the recordsources (GIS Layers) and then populates a listbox with the attributes of those recordsources. What I would like to do now is have the application create a new form with only the attributes I select in the listbox. I have looked through the VISDATA sample code, specifically frmDFD (Data Form Designer). I need to tweak this to work in GIS. I understand that this is not a GIS forum, but I know people here are experts with programming with databases, and what I am doing is editting the attributes of a recordsource in a database.

Once the code is complete, I am going to export it as an ActiveX DLL. This is what is required in my GIS software (ArcMap).

Has anybody else created an application that generates a form based on selected attributes? :confused: I would really to see something else to compare what I have already. I am making progress with the application, but now I am stumped.

I would really appreciate any help people could provide. Thanks in advance.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum