Data not extracting from combo box for random access file.

germanharpt
10-24-2004, 11:59 AM
Hi, this is my work. I have done all the codes but somehow for the

Payment form: data is not showing from the drop down combox. I mean when a certain selection is make from the combo box, the data should show, however it simply do not show.

I stare at it the whole day and no matter how I try it still would not extract the data from the "details.txt" and show it in the relevant textboxes.

Could someone point me to where I am wrong and where should I head? Thanks in advance.

Dennis DVR
10-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Hi, this is my work. I have done all the codes but somehow for the

Payment form: data is not showing from the drop down combox. I mean when a certain selection is make from the combo box, the data should show, however it simply do not show.

I stare at it the whole day and no matter how I try it still would not extract the data from the "details.txt" and show it in the relevant textboxes.

Could someone point me to where I am wrong and where should I head? Thanks in advance.

iNothing serious :)
instead of "Private Sub CBoxDCustomerName_Click()" you use the
"Private Sub CBoxDCustomerName_Change()" event

and in your getCustomerDetail sub you use the DE instead of DETAILS.

germanharpt
10-24-2004, 01:00 PM
Thank you so much. It worked. Thou it may sound stupid of me to ask..why is the change and the click is so muh different?

Dennis DVR
10-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Thank you so much. It worked. Thou it may sound stupid of me to ask..why is the change and the click is so muh different?
Change event is triggered when you type something in the combo or by assigning a value to a text property i.e. combo1.text = "Duane". Click event is triggered when you selected an item from the list of the combo or by assigning a value to a ListIndex property i.e. combo1.ListIndex = 0.

germanharpt
10-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Thanks! Now I understand.. I couldn't believe the whole time I am staring at the codes and all it matters is the click and the change. ..lol

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum