time triggered event

NoviceMe
10-26-2004, 02:48 AM
I want to create a macro that imports a couple of hundred files into a table in Microsoft Access, carries out some basic formatting, then exports the files back out to another folder as text files. I can work out how to do most of this, but I want this process to run at a specific time i.e. 3am, and to do this without having to open Access.

I am sorry if my request is a bit vague, but can this be done? and if so, where would be the best place to start?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Harkon
10-26-2004, 05:04 AM
as for the schedule, though I have never done anything similar,
I believe you should use a Timer set it's interval to 1000 (1 sec) and get the Time (clock similation). When the time comes (3 a.m) do your stuff.

Norenca
10-26-2004, 06:05 AM
You could use the Windows Scheduler. Just write your program and make sure your form starts automatically when your application starts (that is an option in Access => startup object or something)

Then, in Windows, you can schedule your application to open at 3 a.m. Access will have to open, but you won't have to do it yourself.

NoviceMe
10-28-2004, 03:43 AM
Thanks to you both for responding, I will try out those suggestions, and post back any results:)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum