Confused?

TopCat
10-26-2004, 08:59 AM
I have a database which contains information this is being written into a htm file.
The information which is being entered is not formatted but it contains bullet points
Either as round blobs or numbers e.g.

 Example one
 Example one one
1. Example two
2. Example two one

This is how some of the information is meant to be displayed. The problem which I have is that access doesnít store the formatting (I think?) is there anyway which access can store formatted text? If not then does anyone have any idea about how to format the text so it is displayed with its bullet points?

Flyguy
10-26-2004, 09:20 AM
If you really want it that way you have to store the text including the HTML formatting.
So instead of storing "Example one" you have to store "<li>Example one</li>"

TopCat
10-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Sorry I should have explained how the information is entered. The user is going to enter the information as they would normally into word (not with HTML tags). I have created a program in VB, which allows the user to enter the information, the information is then stored in the database. When the user has entered all of the information I have to create a webpage which will hold this information. I have done this and it all works.
The reason for this is because the user will require viewing the information on a standalone machine. Problem being the database is not there. I have been able to the information out of the database and store it in WebPages. I need it formatting and I donít know how to do this.

Any ideas?

Flyguy
10-26-2004, 09:46 AM
Then search the internet for HyperText Markup Language (HTML) syntax.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum