Access 2002 ISAM/Combobox records/Concentation with a +

blade1981m
10-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Ok, I have a few questions.

1. When I create a new Data control on a VB form I look at the properties and the Connect property says it is Access 2000, yet I know I converted the database to Access 2002. When I try to key in Access 2002 in the Connect property and I try to run my application I get the error unable to find installable ISAM. Now when I have it set to Access 2000 it seems to work fine, so I am just wondering if this will be an issue as my database gets more and more complex

2. I am sure I know the answer to this one, but I just cant seem to bring it to mind. When I have the data control Data1 on my form I then want a combobox to control the table in the database that Data1 is tied to. So I create a combobox and set Datasource to Data1 and Datafield to Field1. When I run my application I see the first record already selected in the combobox, but when I click the arrow at the end of the combobox I dont get a list of all the other records in the table. Is there something real simple I am missing or is it actually a lot more complex than just tying the field to the combobox.

3. This is more a VBA than VB, but I am sure the answer is the same if not very similar for both. Trying to get a database form to concentate a field from a record with a + before it. For example if the field has the numeric value of 4 I tried =Str$("+" & [Field1]) and when I open the form the textbox where I am expecting to see +4 just says #Error.

Any help on these 3 issues would be much appreciated

-Colin

Shurik12
10-27-2004, 06:24 AM
Hi,

1 and 2: Please use ADO (and don't use binding when possible)
A starting point:
http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=66994

3: Please show some more relevant code

Shurik.

blade1981m
10-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Ok in regards to 1 - I stopped trying to use the properties of the objects and actually set it up thru code using ADO connection.

For 2, I found the code and instantly remembered, using a Do While Loop to add and item for each record in the recordset.

But as for 3, that is the code I was using, like I said that was in Access using VBA so I am not sure if this question should be somewhere else. Basically it is a form in access and the textboxes are tied to fields outright. ie textbox 1 is tied to field 1 from the table/query. What I am trying to do is write some VBA code to make that textbox show a + in front of the number that I am getting from the field so if the field has the numberic value of 4 I want the textbox to show +4. Now I know I could probably set it so that the field is +4 to begin with, but then it will be a string in the table and I need it to be a number in the table. I hope this clarifies

Shurik12
10-29-2004, 12:47 AM
Hi,

Probably it's a good idea to ask the 3-d question in Excel forum.

Regards,
Shurik.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum