DTS Import of password protected Access DB

Polly013
10-27-2004, 06:44 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to use the DTS import task to import an access database which contains one table. The table however is password protected. In the DTS wizard I have tried setting the Access database as the source with the username of Admin and the correct password (admin is the user that shows when you look in access at the security options) but it will not allow me to load it. I always get the message that the username or password is incorrect.

Can anyone help please?

MKoslof
10-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Are you working with a .mdw file? If not, you can implement these steps, if you are working with a .mdw file there are some more steps:

Using the DTS Import wizard:

1) Use access OLEDB provider and choose the *.mdb file to import. Click the advanced button and in the provider property "Jet OLEDB : Database Password", enter the password for the database.

Polly013
11-08-2004, 07:09 AM
Are you working with a .mdw file? If not, you can implement these steps, if you are working with a .mdw file there are some more steps:

Using the DTS Import wizard:

1) Use access OLEDB provider and choose the *.mdb file to import. Click the advanced button and in the provider property "Jet OLEDB : Database Password", enter the password for the database.

Great, that works. Thanks. The only worrying thing is that the password is visible in the DTS task, for all to see. It doesn't get starred or anything!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum