Error 7294

rgvitali
11-10-2004, 04:48 PM
Sometime ago I built a database in MS Access with some (quite a bit) of VBA code to create Excel reports from Access datasets (office integration). All of a sudden the users are getting an error message "Error7294has occurred; part of the process may not have completed". This error code is not even in the list of Access Jet error codes and I cannot trap it in an Errorhandler. The code does seem to be running it's cycle however.

Has anyone ever seen such an error message.

Thanks all!!

MKoslof
11-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Have you narrowed down where in your code this error occurs? Can you post the relevant code piece?

rgvitali
11-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Actually, I think I may have caused this problem myself upon further review. I added an additional part to an errorhandler that I forgot about since the users were experiencing a different error (which was a problem with a query, not a code error). Now I'm sure the code is completing it's process, but since I'm not very good at error trapping I would appreciate any advice here.

errorhandler:
Select Case Err.Number

Case 2427
Case 2105
Case 424
Close
Case 3026
Msgbox "The database has detected a system memory issue. Please try again later.", vbOKOnly
Close
Case 61
Case 3043
Msgbox "Network memory issue.", vbOKOnly
Close
? Case Else
? Debug.Print Err.Number
? Msgbox "Error" & Err.Number & "has occurred; part of the process may not have have completed.", vbOKOnly, "Error"
Close
End Select

** The code preceeded by "?" is the issue **

Thanks much

Dennis DVR
11-15-2004, 12:16 PM
Do you have a problem or you are looking for advice? if the latter one, well I would just use the Msgbox Error(Err.Number) rather than enumerating the error, and why do you have a close statement there? are you closing a connection or a recordset? and are you using transaction? because your error handler would probably useless if the error came from UPDATES.

rgvitali
11-15-2004, 01:17 PM
I am only looking for advice on Errorhandling. I changed the "Case Else" to:

Msgbox "An error has occurred; part of the process may not have have completed.", vbOKOnly, "Error".

I have no idea why I use "Close". I copied some Errorhandling code from someplace and use that as my default. Since I have not taught myself good Errorhandling skills, any help would be appreciated. I'm about 95% self taught and some of my referrence books are a little vague.

Thanks for the reply.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum