MS Agent

Busted Bumper
01-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Hello guys,
I have built a program that uses MSAgent text to speech. After using VB's PDWizard and copying to cd, I have tried to install the program on a computer running win98. The reason for this is to ensure the program runs correctly on a machine I know is not updated. During intallation, this message was displayed "An error occured while registering C:\WINDOWS\system\agentctl.dll"
This problem prevents a complete install and I have to abort the installation.

I have no idea how to correct this problem and need some help. I think microsoft may have made it perform this way in order to compell users to download from the MSAgent web site.

This is not how I would like my program to perform. It would be much better for the program to install independent of any other external sources. There are people that do not have internet access.

Thanks
Busted Bumper

headkaze
01-09-2005, 02:46 AM
This is not how I would like my program to perform. It would be much better for the program to install independent of any other external sources. There are people that do not have internet access.

Check the MSAgent website again, you can include the MSAgent installer with your application if you register with Microsoft. You will also need the speech part aswell if you intend to use it in your applications.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum