Help Installing VS .NET 2003

turtletimer
01-11-2005, 07:02 PM
I searched everywhere for this so if it is posted please direct me to the thread. I am trying to install VS .NET 2003, when I click on a menu option, such as install the prerequistes or install VS .NET 2003, the only thing that happens is Windows Installer Help comes up(as if you typed in msiexec /help in the command prompt). I managed to install the prerequistes manually, but the VS .NET setup won't run unless it is clicked from the menu. But, when I click it I get the windows installer help, then I click ok and setup closes. HELP ME! I"M FRUSTRATED!

My Computer:

Windows XP SP2
VS .NET 2003

jtune
01-12-2005, 10:06 PM
I searched everywhere for this so if it is posted please direct me to the thread. I am trying to install VS .NET 2003, when I click on a menu option, such as install the prerequistes or install VS .NET 2003, the only thing that happens is Windows Installer Help comes up(as if you typed in msiexec /help in the command prompt). I managed to install the prerequistes manually, but the VS .NET setup won't run unless it is clicked from the menu. But, when I click it I get the windows installer help, then I click ok and setup closes. HELP ME! I"M FRUSTRATED!

My Computer:

Windows XP SP2
VS .NET 2003

You're getting a different problem then one of the other users but have you tried,

x:\msiexex /a vs_setup.msi
where X is your cd-rom drive.

Just a thought

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum